- Hosting a place to announce Society and Chapter News and Events.
- Intermountain SAF convenes meetings, publishes newsletters, and adopts policy positions on current forest management issues. The meeting notes, newsletters and policy positions are available in our Library.
- Communication: Intermountain SAF covers portions of four states (two states in their entirety). With this broad geographic distribution, the website and supporting email services support electronic communication among the geographically dispersed community.
- Take advantage of the Discussion Forum to post topics of interest and respond to comments.
- Subscribe to E-News by completing the form on the Discussion Forum page (left column).
- Comments/suggestions are encouraged. Please contact us here.
The Intermountain SAF is a part of the Society of American Foresters and includes over 200 members that reside in Utah, Nevada, southern Idaho, and western Wyoming. There are three Chapters and two student Chapters in the Intermountain Society: Nevada, Utah, and Snake River (southern Idaho and northwest Wyoming), and Utah State University Student and University of Nevada-Reno Student Chapters.
SAF members commit to a Code of Ethics. The Code purpose is to protect and serve society by inspiring, guiding, and governing members in the conduct of their professional lives. Compliance with the code demonstrates members' respect for the land and their commitment to the long-term management of ecosystems, and ensures just and honorable professional and human relationships, mutual confidence and respect, and competent service to society.